Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day One Hundred Ninety Four

I love it when I come across something that really gets me thinking in new directions.  For fifteen years I've been learning about permaculture; I've studied it, taught it and recently have come to a place where I am quite happy to simply be a practitioner.  The land I bought in the Big Smoky Valley is ten acres of an ancient salt marsh.  No kidding.  I love the view and the location and the people and the proximity and, secretly, I love that it has challenging conditions because it will save me from myself.  If the soil was a rich, deep loam and there was abundant water I'd spend the rest of my life landscaping.  This way I can focus on other things and just have intimate gardens spaces.  That being said, growing my own food is essential to me and that is why I've been intrigued lately with aquaculture.  Aquaculture combines the growing of fish with the hydroponic growing of plants in a closed loop system wherein the fish poop fertilizes the plants and the plants clean the water before it is returned to the fish.  Throw in some chickens for good measure and you've got a LOT of food growing in a little space, including your fish and chicken food. Check out "gardenpool", this is ingenious.  Enjoy!




1.  Collapsible music stand
2.  Metallica guitar book
3.  Bell bike helmet in excellent condition
4.  Large jug piggy bank
5.  How to Manifest Your Destiny by Wayne Dyer


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive