Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty Nine

It has really hit me today that my oldest son is leaving in a week.  Sure, he moved out and went to college, even did a semester in Thailand, but he was always here.  Now he has joined the Army and will be gone for at least five years.  Such a long time to be gone and so many unknowns ahead.  It has been his goal to join the service after he graduated from college for a long time so I've been able to get used to the idea.  I joined the Army right out of high school and well understand both the desire for adventure and the desire to serve.  While I am incredibly proud of him, he has grown into a fine man, I am also saddened that he is leaving for purely selfish reasons.  I like having him around.  He is a joy to talk to and offers me keen insights into many different topics.  I'm going to really miss him.  I love that he is letting me help him get rid of a lot of his things before he leaves.  :-)

Here are today's five items:
1.  Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
2.  The Complete Sun Recording 1955-1958 Johnny Cash
3.  Kung Fu Meditations & Chinese Proverbial Wisdom adapted by Ellen Kei Hua
4.  Culture of Prejudice Blackwell/Smith/Sorenson
5.  First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive