Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixteen

What is it about a day off that invariably inspires me to get things done?  It hasn't always been like this.  I remember a time when a whole day off with the house to myself would have meant sleeping in and then napping, maybe watching a movie or two.  Not any more - for the past couple of years I just keep plugging away at one project after another.  Perhaps the difference is that the future seems so close.  Yes, yes, I know; the future is now.  In many ways that is true, the "baby" will be 18 before I know it and the love birds are planning a wedding and a move to Portland by the end of summer.  This house will be an empty nest in no time and without all those muscles to help me I'd darn well better get everything done.  That being said, today found me moving ridiculously large pieces of furniture by myself because nobody was around.  I just can't help myself, I've rearranged my art studio/office for the third or fourth time trying to get it perfected.  I'm hopeful that I can live with this setup for a while.  If not, I'll take another day off and do it again in a few months!  The feeling of getting things done turns out to be a bit addicting, actually.  If at the end of the day I feel like I moved forward, even just one little baby step in the right direction, I am satisfied.  If I don't feel like I've gotten anything done to move me closer to my goals I'm a bit disappointed.  I'll rest later.


These five items go into the bin tonight:
1.  A ziploc bag full of little kooglie eyes
2.  A spool of elastic gold cord
3.  A little 3 ring binder that holds 3x5 index cards
4.  A cellphone casePublish Post
5.  A cellphone belt holster


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive