Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day Two Hundred Eighteen

Two hundred and eighteen days into this, one hundred forty seven to go, 735 more items.  For a while I was quite worried that I'd run out of things to get rid of and now I can see myself dumping 25 things a day for the last month while I have the motivation.  This daily blogging is lonely business.  No matter what else is going on I have got to peek into boxes on the tops of closets or under beds (a goldmine!) or behind the cement mixer in the garage and ponder possessions and whether or not they make the cut for a place in my future or not.  Then I have to come here and report it all and reach out into cyberspace where people have a lot of things to do besides ready my little blog.  I don't know if you're out there or not anymore but I'm still here, doing what I promised myself I would do.  


A storm is raging outside and  I'm feeling playful and hornery.  There are days when I just want to take the credit cards, hand the house keys to the kids and go.  Heck, it would take the bank about a year to foreclose, right?  However, I'm not a flighty gal and I know that if I just keep on putting one foot in front of the other then eventually the day will come when one foot will step into a truck with a gypsy wagon hooked up behind it and off I'll go.....  


On a totally different topic I submit the following for your consideration, there are researchers who hypothesize that wearing a bra increases a woman's chance of breast cancer because the lymph system is blocked by the tight garment.  I did a quick Google search and read several pages including Snopes and nothing suggests that it isn't plausible.  Interesting, huh?  So some advice in a musical format for your listening pleasure:

In the meantime, these things are on their way out:
1.  A cigar box full of stickers and notecards
2.  A black belt
3.  Two "Little House on the Prairie" craft books
4.  The Book of Mormon
5.  An exercise DVD


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

7 comments:

  1. You are a right looney. Quit your bellyachin' and titty-lookin' and get on with it. Meaning, who knew my life would be incomplete and I would be bereft without your rooty tooty, fresh and fruity meanderings every morning with my coffee. I hated Christmas, for many reasons, but mostly cause you took off a day. Don't do it no more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. I'm sorry your Christmas was a drag. I pictured you sitting in a golf cart watching big snowflakes drift into the ocean while sipping a spiked hot chocolate and now you've ruined the image for me! I'll keep meandering, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog every morning and I'm hoping you'll find another way to blog after your year is up. I love waking up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should ask, I have been working on that and actually will be blogging after the 365 days are completed. It is another 5 a day topic that I think a lot of people will find interesting. All will be revealed in due time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I read it every single day. You have inspired, awakened, encouraged, created laughter and some gross outs -- please tell me the mid summer story of Ava rolling in a stinking rotting maggot infested chicken carcass in the yard then jumping into your fresh bed with you and your luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets was on the blog -- if it wasn't and I just "outed" you, it can become a future (or revisited) entry.


    I still laugh out loud envisioning Reese at the top of the stairs in a box ready to be plunged to his head-crashing-into-the-wall-leaving-a-hole-moment-of-glory and hear the kids saying, "well, we used cushions for safety." HYSTERICAL!


    Madame Blogger, don't be lonely. I'll try to comment more often, thank you for your dedication during busy-ness, illness, crazy-ness of the holidays and your day to day musings on life. I love it!


    Thank you for helping to cleanse humanity by cleansing your living space. The good of the many is enhanced by the good of the one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go tell it Misty!! I think I'm going to embroider that last sentence on a pillow (something with fringe...pink maybe). Never give up Kimbo, never surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys crack me up. Blondes on opposite ends of the country coming here for their morning amusement. Thanks, girls! Now go take your bras off and get to work.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive