Tonight I took down a bin from the top of a closet that I have been avoiding going through. I knew what was in it. I have over the years had a few articles of clothing that I have been patently unable to let go of regardless of size or fashion or utility. It would have been funny to have me on film taking each item out and examining it, holding it up and admiring it, smelling it and then sorting it. Then I'd pick something up off the "to go" pile and put it back in the bin. Then something from the bin onto the pile. Then another item back in the bin. Clearly this was trickier than I bargained for. And there isn't a doubt in my mind that into the storage shed that I rent while I travel will be this bin with a few treasured pieces of clothing inside.
In the end I was able to part with the following:
1. A black and sparkly gold tube top (I kid you not. Hey - I danced my ass off as a sexy underage vixen in the discos of Las Vegas in the 70s...Dirty Sally's and Diana's Banana; big fun.)
2. A little tank top with red hearts on it - honestly don't know how that made it into the special bin
3. A(nother) pair of black jeans
4. A(nother) pair of Levi's - loved how these used to fit me. "Used to" being the operative phrase.
5. A(nother) pair of jeans - I think I kept these because someone special gave them to me. She is gone and now so are the pants.
Tucked away safely between layers of clothing I found something I had completely forgotten I had. I have made one little stained glass piece in my whole life. I think it is going in the gypsy wagon with me. Because I absolutely love it. It now lies nestled on top of the fuchsia nightie just like it was in the bin. Who knew?
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map