Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Eighty Four

Clothing presents a special challenge when you plan to travel while living light.  What do I really need to take?  How many changes of clothes?  How many nightgowns?  How many dressy outfits?  How many pairs of shoes?  How many coats?  It is interesting.  I just spent three days away for a long weekend and was able to have absolutely everything I needed packed into a very small overnight bag plus my pillow and a blouse that I hung in the back seat.  I guess I'll have to think of clothes almost as uniforms, right?  The thought of them stored under my platform bed in the gypsy wagon in plastic containers is totally unacceptable to me.  I'll have to make cedar lined storage boxes or something.  I'm thinking two pairs of jeans, five tshirts, five blouses, three nightgowns, socks and underwear and one little black dress ought to do it for the clothes.  Then maybe a couple of light jackets and sweaters and one real coat.  A pair of Keene's, a pair of Birkenstocks, a pair of Dansko's and some dress shoes for the little black dress.  Done.  Am I missing something?


Today I let go of:


1.  A Simpson jigsaw puzzle with 1000 pieces
2.  A set of dominoes 
3.  A Desert Hues jigsaw puzzle with 550 pieces
4.  Two big black plate/bowl things
5.  A picture frame that looks like a bicycle, the pics go in the wheels


Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

1 comment:

  1. I would throw in a pair of sweats. It's nice to have something to change into after a long day in your "uniform." I couldn't do without slippers either.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive