Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Eighty Five

My daughter is home for a brief visit while on summer break from college.  She lives in Olympia now and landed a job for the college doing maintenance work.  She now knows how to do electrical and plumbing.  She rewired her dad's garage today, adding a whole new circuit.  I adore people who know how to do things and electricity is just intimidating enough to me that it is a skill I particularly admire.  She has agreed to wire my gypsy wagon. :-)


While talking about this project she reminded me that she has moved seven times in the last two years.  Each time she moves she says she ends up leaving behind a significant number of belongings.  I asked her if she misses any of it and she said that she doesn't.  Now all her belongings fit in one 5'x10' storage unit while she takes advantage of a house sitting opportunity.   As always, I have a lot to learn from my kids.


Also, added a new stop on the gypsy tour by special request.  Barb, you're on the map!


Today I release some VHS tapes (do these have any value to anyone anymore?):


1.  My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2.  The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3.  Batman
4.  Alice in Wonderland
5.  Splash

Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

1 comment:

  1. When I was 25 and Mike was 30 we left Monterey on our way to Texas and everything we owned fit in the back of our Pinto station wagon. Ah life.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive