Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Fifty Four

Note to gypsy self:  Do not, repeat, do NOT spend the summer in the heat.  It is in the 90s in Reno today and will be all week.  There are so many things I'd like to be outside doing but the heat just drives me in.  I'm not a fan like many are.  It occurs to me that even after my time on the gypsy tour I might adopt a lifestyle that allows me to live in different places during different seasons.  The Big Smoky valley is truly exquisite in the spring and the fall.  I don't even mind winter in the desert.  The summer might be a good time to stay up in the Pacific Northwest.  I checked the weather in Olympia where one of my daughters lives and it is 63 right now!  Her ten day forecast is a full 25 degrees cooler with sunny or mostly sunny in the forecast.  I could handle that.  Yep, I am thinking the nomadic lifestyle is the life for me.

Today I let go of:

1.  A Wilson tennis racket with an aluminum frame
2.  Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
3.  A green 8x10 picture frame
4.  A huge stack of Chinet paper plates that have probably been in their package in the pantry for ten years
5.  A covered Corelle serving dish - looks like it is from the 50s

1 comment:

  1. You must pencil-in SC in February and March. The late fall is nice here but those two winter months are our best kept secret. The coolest birds stop on their way home: thousands of brown pelicans, snowy egrets, great blue herons, cormorants, kingfishers (the color of lapus lazuli), and even the occasional lost loon grace our marsh. It is a sight to behold. Plus the temperatures are usually around a nice, sane 65 degrees...perfect golf cart weather. Just a suggestion. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive