Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day Thirty Two

Ever have those days when every sappy thing you hear makes you feel like you're going to burst into tears?  I watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" and bawled like a baby in the scene where the verdict is handed down.  When the gentleman told Scout to stand up because her father was passing by I just lost it.  I saw a guy with  two little kids in the store when I went on a run for MORE mosaic glue and he was so sweet and kind and loving and the kids looked happy and healthy.  You guessed it, throat tightened and eyes welled.  I had to give myself a pep talk to make it through the store.  Bring on the bioidentical hormones!!!

Still working on the mosaic.  Turns out that a mosaic is comprised of zillions of tiny pieces.  And of course I'm manufacturing most of the pieces before I place them so.....maybe pictures tomorrow although it is tempting to post progress photos.  Gonna make you wait though, he he he he.  Can't waste time with a camera right now.

On the pile today go the following:
1.  A new package of two pairs of cotton gloves for making your hands soft and beautiful.  I suspect this was meant as a stocking stuffer or something and I hid it too well and never saw it again until I scouted around today.
2.  A beaded beige skirt.  I bought this for Shila and Chad's wedding and have only worn it to weddings since.
3.  A big blue cape thing that Melissa gave me twenty years ago.  I used to wear it out to allow me to breastfeed discreetly.  Between the twins and Reese it got a lot of use.
4.  An odd pair of hand knit socks in a shade of green that defies description.  Certainly not a color of green found in nature, even in Ireland where they apparently have 40 shades.  Don't know who made them or where they came from.  How can that be?  (Again, bring on the bioidentical hormones...my memory could use a little help!)
5.  A black hat crocheted from chenille yarn.  The yarn is still attached.  I vaguely remember making this for one of the girls and it obviously didn't get finished.  I tried it on and laughed at my reflection in the mirror because it fits exactly like the little cap Carol Burnett wore when she portrayed the washerwoman on her variety show.  I'm picking up my crochet hook after writing this, finishing the hat and donating it.

Hope everyone had a nice Father's Day!  I love you, Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive