Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Eleven

So why Gypsy, you ask?  I am definitely drawn to the idea of moving from place to place as the seasons or the mood changes but it is more than that.  It is also the artistic aesthetic of the Gypsy style that speaks to me in a very primal way.  I see these images and my heart sings. I'm picturing a rolling art studio made from an older travel trailer but redone to look like a Gypsy wagon....I will travel the land making art along the way, laughing and loving both the people in my world and the ones I've yet to meet.  A picture is worth a thousand words, these say it all.

Today's items for the "to go" pile:
1.  A candle shaped like an elephant
2.  A gravy boat
3.  A kiddie swimming pool
4.  A nutcracker statue wearing a graduation cap (Isak you're hereby released from feeling obligated to keep it!  Love, Mom.)
5.  A wooden hoop (Half an embroidery hoop that I was going to use as a frame.  Never happened and I've probably had it for 10 years.)

above images c. 2009 Bruno Suet /Jeanne Bayol

3 comments:

  1. Love the images of the wagon, elegant and fun, totally you! I don't like the scented lotions and such either, causes some allergies for me. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the Vardos...A few years ago, I was a Sea Gypsy for a summer, on a beautiful sailboat named Ripple.

    You might like the imagery in this video... : )

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSLSwwkLRW0

    Linda Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Linda. I did like it. I liked the washtub and the textiles and the beautiful gypsy styling. I'd love to hear about your time as a Sea Gypsy. We need to try to reconnect for the item pickup and then I want to know what it was like to be a Sea Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive