Monday, May 31, 2010

Day Twelve

Watched a movie last night (The Road) where the guy says, "I think it is October but I'm not sure; I haven't kept a calendar for years."  Can you imagine?  Ok, it was an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it apocalyptic story but still.  Not knowing what time of day, day of the week, month of the year, holiday event it is would be very different from the way we live now; it got me thinking.  All timekeeping is man-made; the year, the month, the day, the hour, the second.  The Universe keeps time with the sun, the moon, the seasons. When I'm traveling will I only sleep when I'm tired, eat when I'm hungry, move on when it is time to do so?  Since I don't plan on going anywhere without a laptop I guess all I can say for sure is that the rhythm of my days will certainly change.  Delightful.

Today I've gathered up the following to let go of:

1.  Another bottle of conditioner
2.  Another bottle of cologne, very nice I Coloniali
3.  A blue glass soap dish
4.  An oval Pyrex casserole dish with herbs on the side
5.  A box of 8 Crayola washable markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive