Friday, December 24, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifteen

Celebrated Christmas this evening.  I made prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, an unbelievably good salad with homemade dressing.  We ate shrimp for an appetizer and bread pudding for dessert.  It was a sumptuous meal served on the red plates and festive holiday tablecloth with candles and my latest piece of art as the centerpiece on the table.  Three incredible young adults that I get to call mine were there (well, one is a pseudo kid but will be officially mine when he marries my daughter in September) and we had a low-key, relaxed evening.  Gifts were exchanged around the tree after we ate.  I actually put a few ornaments on the tree today!  I gave them each a copy of Chris Guillebeau's "The Art of Non-Conformity" and we've agreed to read it and have our own book study group to discuss it weekly.  Such fun.  The dog got a nice ration of prime rib bones and the chickens a huge bowl of scraps.  Abundance was in the air.  Life amazes me with its ability to change so dramatically in a short period of time.  Only weeks ago there were so many troubles on the horizon and now the skies are clear again.  And so it always seems to go.


I'm taking Christmas off.  No computer, no blog, no kids.  I'm going to clean my art studio and sit at my clay table for as long as I want to.  I'll be back the next day, I promise.  Merry Christmas everyone!


Today's five items are:
1.  A Wii controller
2.  A CD study guide for the SAT, ACT and PSAT tests
3.  A blank camcorder DVD 
4.  A small gray purse
5.  A picture frame


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive