Friday, September 24, 2010

Day One Hundred Twenty Eight

I wonder how many emails I delete per day?  It is a couple dozen at least.  When I leave on the Gypsy Tour I'll give out my new email address to my friends and family and then just disconnect from the old one, leaving the long list of craft, political, finance, management, news, permaculture and natural building messages I receive to just bounce back.  Boing boing boing.  Another step in the simplification process.  Unsubscribing isn't very effective, I've tried to get off a number of lists to no avail and therefore have them in my routine delete rotation.


It is strange that the last hummingbird I noticed drinking the nectar from my trumpet vine was a few days ago and I was talking to my friend at the time who remarked that they have all already left from the mountains where she lives.  It is as if the little guy outside my window heard her as he never came back.  Instead I have a bunch of little finches all over the front yard joining the quail in the gathering of seeds.  About a dozen mustangs got into my front meadow while I was out of town and it looks like the most meticulous gardener in the world came in and carefully groomed the place.  All grass is cut to a precise 1/4" length with all flowers left untouched.  I would have much preferred all that organic matter go towards feeding the soil instead of the horses but what can you do?   Close the gates maybe?


Here are the items for today:


1.  The Random House Thesaurus
2.  Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindberg
3.  Poker for Women by Mike Caro
4.  I Touch the Earth, the Earth Touches Me by Hugh Prather
5.  Ethics for the New Millenium by His Holiness The Dalai Lama


Quote Challenge 
Don Vardo Plans
Gypsy Tour Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive