More clothes today. I went to hang something in the closet and it was so full of things that never get worn that I couldn't fit in something I do wear. Why can't I get rid of Army fatigue jackets? Maybe during a later cut, but definitely not today. And I wouldn't wear them even if they fit, so what's up with that? Everyone tells me I look good in red, hot pink, vivid purple, black, cobalt blue. So why am I drawn to the colors of sand, the palest fresh butter, the pink of a shell, cream, the sky when there is just a hint of blue showing after the sunrise? Lesson: just because you like a color doesn't mean you should wear it.
Onto the pile for today:
1. Three fire department dress uniforms; gold braid, crazy bugles on brass buttons, the whole thing
2. Butter yellow dress suit that makes me look 73
3. A pale pale pink linen blouse cut like a Nehru jacket
4. A fully lined camel colored sheath with teeny tiny buttons down the front that I made years ago
5. An embellished denim jacket, beads, ribbons, color. Very '80s.